Crete, Nebraska- The Hastings College Women's Tennis team got a well-earned 5-4 win over Doane on Thursday. After taking the No. 1 and 3 doubles, Hastings looked poise to get the upperhand, but traded points with Doane until Sarah Knight defeated Morgan Meyer in the No. 4 singles to clinch the win for the Broncos.
Hastings (Neb.) 5, Doane (Neb.) 4
- Kelsey Brown (HASW) def. Ashley Zaeske (DOAW) 6-1, 6-1
- Ellie Bender (DOAW) def. Madison Fortunato (HASW) 6-4, 6-3
- Brianna Kempel (DOAW) def. Bailey Christy (HASW) 6-4, 6-3
- Sarah Knight (HASW) def. Morgan Meyer (DOAW) 7-5, 6-2
- Alexa Obermier (HASW) def. Jordan Buttermore (DOAW) 6-1, 6-1
- Cheyanna Kempel (DOAW) def. Brenna Obermier (HASW) 6-0, 6-3